PRIDE Industries is a fast-paced company with a mission: To Create Jobs for People with Disabilities while providing high quality, value-added solutions to our nationwide customers.
SUPERVISES: There are direct reports with this position.
POSITION SUMMARY: Under broad supervision the Custodial Supervisor is responsible for the daily oversight of custodial services and custodial personnel. Employees in this job class perform a variety of functions to assure facilities are clean and free of safety hazards. This job class requires knowledge of custodial practices, custodial equipment, customer service techniques, computers, training, coaching, scheduling and working with employees with disabilities.
1. *Coordinates, directs, and schedules custodial staff and subcontract personnel in performing custodial services.
2. *Maintains professional relationship with site customers, suppliers, vendors and employees.
3. *Supervises employees; ensures a competent, motivated team through hiring, training, development, counseling and reviewing the performance of employees.
4. *Conducts facility walks, quality control inspections, safety audits and provides feedback to personnel and customer as appropriate.
5. *Schedules and prioritizes tasks, and ensures adherence to procedures, regulations and guidelines while minimizing errors and safety risks.
6. Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
* Denotes Essential Job Function
• High School Diploma or G.E.D.;
• Three or more years of experience in custodial services and/or building maintenance, including one year of supervisory experience;
• Experience working with adults with developmental disabilities and/or physical challenges, preferred;
• Knowledge of OSHA, OSHA occupational safety and environmental regulations;
• Supervisory skills to hire qualified employees, provide for their professional development, administer performance management and disciplinary processes effectively, and address employee relations appropriately;
• Ability to effectively supervise and develop assigned team to meet production/service goals while adhering to safety policies and rules;
• Effective oral and written communication skills using appropriate business English;
• Demonstrated leadership, organizational, common sense and problem solving skills;
• Human relation skills to build effective relationships with team and customers;
• Effective customer service skills;
• Intermediate computer literacy including knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, database and presentation software;
• Knowledge of business English including vocabulary and spelling;
• Fundamental mathematical ability including addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division;
• Ability to establish priorities and solve operational problems;
• Flexibility to respond to changing work priorities and handle numerous projects at the same time.
CERTIFICATES REQUIRED: Valid drivers’ license
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Employees must have the ability to perform the following physical demands for extended periods of time with or without assistance:
• Viewing computer screen/monitor
• Utilizing keyboard
• Answering phone/making calls
• Maneuvering in and around the worksite
• Standing and walking
• Bending, kneeling, squatting and stooping
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Work is performed in an office environment or at a customer’s location. Employees may be exposed to toxic chemicals, noise from equipment in maintenance environment and depending on indoor or outdoor conditions, exposure to cold and heat. Travel to other worksites is required for some positions.
DISCLAIMER: The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to this job. Employees are expected to follow their supervisor’s instructions and to perform the tasks requested by their supervisors.
If you are interested in working for this unique organization that blends business with a social mission, please apply online at www.prideindustries.com.PRIDE Industries is a VEVRAA federal contractor committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Visit our website to learn more!
PRIDE will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
PRIDE will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all federal, state, and local laws.
More about this job: